Celebrate

Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Good morning!  Let's talk trends today. Even better, let's talk about using current trends on our scrapbook pages. Today at  Get It Scrapped we are talking about Pom Poms. They are everywhere. Today, they are on our scrapbook pages.

I think of pom poms as festive, therefore perfect for a party page.  My initial thought was to use them as confetti, and place them into some of the die cut spaces to add dimension as well as color. The pom poms were too dimensional and looked out of place on their own. Using the pom pom frame connects the free floating ones to the photo. After adding other embellishments with dimension, color and texture, the pom poms seemed to blend in better. 



I (reluctantly) agreed to a birthday party thrown by my husband and my sister. I just really wasn't sure how I wanted to celebrate. It wound up being a day to remember. 

Thanks so much for stopping by my creative view today. I've been using Shimelle Glitter Girl for all of my birthday photos, today is no exception. I also used a couple of cut files from the Paper Issues store, Filled With Joy to create the confetti background and Happy Hooray for the banner. I'm adding this project to the This or That challenge. It's one of several new challenges in the Paper Issues Facebook group.  

Supplies: Patterned paper, die cuts ephemera, stickers, Thickers, enamel dots-Shimelle for American Crafts, pom poms, acrylic stars-Maggie Holmes for American Crafts, Frame-Crate paper, twine and paper clips-Doodlebug Design


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS