Our Love of Books

Monday, October 2, 2017

Good morning! I love the beginning of the month. I feel like there is so much time in front of me to get all the things done on my crafty to do list. Fortunately, I have Paper Issues challenges to inspire me all month long.  Today we have our new Issue, Witch Kraft?

Need some ideas to get you started? How about these: Anything having to do with Halloween or October outings, use kraft elements (paper, embellishments, etc.), add some texture by using burlap or cork, create a project about crafts you do, use witches' hat/broomstick/cauldron/black cat, etc. embellishments, etc.

I had a completely different idea when started this page. Then it took off in an entirely different direction. I mean photo and everything changed. So this version features some of my favorite papers from Fancy Pants Dream Big mixed with a little bit of Creekside embellishments and a bunch of little bits from my stash. I played on the natural colors by adding cork letters and embellshments as well as a kraft doily. Like I said, this is far different from where I began. 


This page isn't so much about the book in the photo. Its about the meaning behind it. Ive been reading with my son since before he was born. Books and reading have always been our thing. As he's gotten older, I've been able to suggest some of my favorite books for him to read.  Throughout his high school years, we haven't had as much time to spend talking about books or reading together, but he still finds time to read. For Mothers Day this year, he bought me this book and asked if we could read it together, like our own book club. I waited until school ended to begin, so he could read with me. I love that he wanted to do this and hope we have time to do it again.

Thanks so much for stopping by my creative view today. Since its the beginning of the month, it should be pretty busy around here. Come back again soon. 

You can find these items and so much more in the Paper Issues shop. Bouns! Get your purchase for20% off using DEVRA at checkout.  


Supplies: CS-American Crafts, PP-Fancy Pants, One Canoe Two, Die cuts-Fancy Pants, Stickers -One Canoe Two, doily-Recollections, cork-unknown, Alphas-American Crafts, Cosmo Cricket, Arrow Cut file , Paper Issues, Silhouette


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS