Greenlake

Thursday, August 3, 2017

Hello there! It's my first August post and my first Paper Issues August challenge.  Notable Quotable is what's on tap today. Here is the quote we used for inspiration. I love the colors of  the sky and mountains. The quote written in white so you can see it clearly.  It's wonderful.

I was inspired by the water and fresh air part of the quote. Well, that and I really wanted to use the new Creekside by One Canoe Two with this photo. There is something about One Canoe Two that speaks to me. It's very sophisticated. The color palette is different. The colors are rich. The patterns range from small basic patterns to large elaborate florals and plaids.  Creekside can be used for any topic. Here I the backside of the Midnight Roses paper is the foundation of my page. I cut apart the strips from the Take Note paper, cut them in half again, placing them on either side of my photo. The rest are die cuts, stickers and Thickers. I love it!


This summer we decided to explore our own backyard. First stop was Greenlake park. We had driven by here a few years ago, but didnt stop. Call us crAzy. This park is beautiful. I think I read it's 3 miles around. There are paddle boats to rent, paddle boards also and a 'beachfront' area with lifeguards. That's just water activities! The park is huge, with many picnic and grassy areas. We walked about 1/3 of the way around, only because we didn't realize how big the park was. This will require a return visit for sure!

Thanks so much for stopping by my creative view today. This is the first go many projects I'll be sharing this month to so I hope to see you back soon. Treat yourself to some Creekside or any of the other new American Crafts collections that recently arrived. They are 20% off when you use my code DEVRA at check out. 

Supplies: PP, die cuts, stickers, Thickers-One Canoe Two for American Crafts, Flair-A Flair For Buttons, mist-Heidi Swapp


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS