23 & Me

Sunday, November 27, 2016

Hey there! Catching up on some much needed blogging! I had the chance to play along with one of my favorite sketch challenges, Stuck?! Sketches. Laura creates the most beautiful and useful sketches. As usual, I couldn't use it as it is, I had to change it a little. That's another bonus of these sketches, They are so easily adaptable to all styles of scrapbooking!


All I did is reverse the image. My photos seemed to be oriented this way and it worked! My favorite thing about this page? The only patterned paper I used is the background. Everything else are die cuts, stickers and chipboard. Easy peasy. I might have to use this one again!


As long as I can remember, I have been a Ryne Sandberg fan. I know it has to do with being able to watch Cubs games in the summer. They were always day games. I followed his career, watching him get better and better. I'm pretty sure the first time I saw him play, was against the Dodgers at Dodger Stadium.  I was 17.  Needless to say, moving to Chicago and seeing him play at Wrigley was a huge thrill. Even better was attending the game when the Cubs retired his number, also watching him being inducted into the Hall of Fame. After many years of asking I finally received the only jersey I've ever asked for.   So yes, 23 & Me, and one of my children too, whose middle name, just might be Ryne...

Thanks so much for stopping by my creative view today. I know its been a while, too long in fact. Stay tuned, I have more to share.

Supplies: PP, die cuts, washi-Bella Blvd, chipboard-Freckled Fawn, stickers-Freckled Fawn, Bella Blvd, Flair-Accent Scrapbooking, A Flair for Buttons and Freckled Fawn, Wood piece-Gossamer Blue, Alphas-Thickers

1 comment:

  1. This is awesome, love that background too! Thanks for playing along at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS