Remember

Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Hi There. Short and sweet today but I really wanted to get this written and posted. This page started with the Scrap Our Stash sketch + 3, then went sideways, before getting back on track. Why? Because I had it in my head that I was going to use one of those HAD to have scrappy items. The paper.


This is not the type of paper that I usually gravitate to. but I couldn't stop thinking about it, so I bought it. Only this time, I was determined to actually use it.  Paper first, then photo, then design. All backwards for me.  So I almost feel like the design gets lost a little on this paper. First, I went with a single photo. I was afraid more would make it too busy. Then I decided not to put the paper strips edge to edge.  Because of the flower clusters, I lowered the photo placements as well as simplifying the paper layers. I used a doily as the circular element, and moved it to the side. I used Jilibean Soup (butterflies), Kaiserkraft (black enamel pieces) and lined paper (background piece)


This is the last photo of my Nani and I. We were supposed to be out celebrating her birthday, but we settled for a visit in the hospital instead. She celebrated when she was home a few days later. There is no real title or journaling yet. I'm just not ready to write, but I sure love looking at the photo. For now, that's ok. 

Thanks for stopping by my creative view today and come back again soon. I'll be sharing slowly but surely over the next couple of weeks.

Supplies: PP, chipboard-Bella Blvd, enamel pieces-Kaiserkraft, MME, Chickaniddy Crafts, die cuts-Jillibean Soup, Amy Tangerine, doily-BoBunny, 

4 comments:

  1. Bright and beautiful---I love it! You did an awesome job with this paper. Perfect for your Nani! Thanks for playing at Scrap Our Stash!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great page Devra and a really fabulous photo. Great take on the sketch (+) challenge. Thanks for joining us at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great and colorful layout. Love these bold colors. Thanks for joining us at SOS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty layout and awesome take on the sketch challenge. Love it. Thank you for joining us at Scrap Our Stash.

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS