Hello Shayna Boy

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Hey there. I have a layout in the new article on the Get It Scrapped blog.  Today we are talking about different ways to bring conversation into your pages, with ideas based on the Make It Mean eBook, available to Get It Scrapped members

I grabbed an idea from Debbie Hodge in which she used phrase to signal a story. Nani's conversations often began with "Hello Shayna Boy", which is a Yiddish saying for 'Beautiful'.  If this is an approach you decide on, my advice would be to choose a phrase that brings emotion and feeling to your story. Nani said these words in a sing-song voice, gesturing with her hands, which I can still hear, and visualize her doing today.


These photos tell two stories. First, my son is non-verbal. I find it funny that after all these years, My Grandmother (Nani) would still talk to him as if he would respond to her. Second, they look so engrossed in each other, but this was a one sided conversation. I've always tried to imagine what the real conversation would be.

Thank you for taking a look at my creative view today. Come back again soon, I've always got more projects to share. 
 
Supplies: Cardstock-Bazzill, Patterned Paper, alpha & stickers-PinkFresh Studio, Doilies & Sequins-Doodlebug Design, die cuts-Fancy Pants, Crate paper, wood piece-Basic Grey, chipboard-Bella Blvd, Freckled Fawn, mist-Heidi Swapp, Pen and adhesive-EK Success, page design-Get It Scrapped, Scrapbook Coach 4-Symmetry

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS