First Pitch

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Good morning!  As long as I've been scrapping, I have found working on a specific project difficult to do from start to finish. I'll do a few pages, then either get bored or side tracked by something else and the whole things gets set aside.   Today's article on the Get It Scrapped blog shares some ideas on how to rejuvenate these stale projects.

For my Grandfather's 90th birthday, he wanted to throw out the first pitch at Dodger Stadium. We made that happen for him. That was in 2009, and I still haven't finished making the album from the party.

My grandfather passed shortly after the party. At first, I was too sad to work on these photos, so I set them all aside. I would do a page here and there that didn't have photos of my Grandfather in them, but there was no joy in creating them. I had bought some Baseball themed product for his album, but it was so long ago, I no longer like it or want to use it

Enough time has passed that I'm no longer sad looking at these photos. My Grandmother is ailing, and I'm feeling like I want to finish so I have one last, permanent, good memory of my grandparents together. It also helps that a new Baseball line has just been released that has really inspired me to work on this project.

Supplies: Cardstock-American Crafts, patterned papers, washi tape, -Doodlebug Design, stickers-Echo park, Doodlebug Design, Alpha, pen and stitch template-American Crafts, brad-unknown, thread-DMC, adhesive-EK Success

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS