Varsity

Thursday, October 15, 2015

Good morning! It a double post day for me, which means I've had time to play. It's time for the second sketch challenge at Stuck?! Sketches. Before we get to my page, Here is the sketch and our awesome sponsors. 

Both Scrapmatts and Lindy's Stamp Gang have offered prizes. You have an opportunity to win  2 chipboard sheets and/or a $25 Gift Certificate. Please check the Stuck?! Sketches blog for rules and more details.
2 chipboard sheets of winner's choice

$25 Gift Certificate

Now, here is  my page based on our sketch. If you know me, I'm a rule breaker. So, I wanted to play with the oversize background shape, but still keep the integrity of the sketch. So I did!  I cut the oversize award ribbon, but used it more as a title block than background. Covering it up would have defeated the purpose. I definitely changed the shape of the design by using two portrait photos as well.  But, as you can see, the rest of the sketch is there.

We were at my son's swim team banquet. Of course as soon as we walked in, I was a stranger to him. Butter he received his certificate, I received that text from him. It made my night. Although he is a teen and wants to distance himself from his parents, he thought enough to share his news and excitement with me in a subtle way. My how technology can work in our favor sometimes. The journaling is a message back to him reminding him to keep feeling what he felt in that moment.

Thanks for stopping by my creative view today. Come back again soon, I always have more to share.

Supplies: CS-American Crafts, PP-Fancy Pants, American Crafts, Studio Calico, stickers-Pink Paislee, Bella Blvd, Simple Stories, Resin-Freckled Fawn, ColorCast Designs, Wood veneer-Lawn Fawn, ink-Colorbox, mist-Tattered Angels, Heidi Swapp, washi-queen & Co, Freckled Fawn, sticky back glitter paper-Paper Accents, Silhouette








2 comments:

  1. Great take on the sketch, love how you added the journalling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic layout Devra! Love the inky background! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS