This is What Morning Looks Like

Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Hey there and welcome back. Today's article on the Get it Scrapped blog is a truly colorful, anything goes one. Creating scrapbook pages inspired by wedding cakes! We were asked to browse around, find a cake that inspired us, then translate that inspiration onto our pages.  I love looking at wild wedding cakes. I think Duff Goldman is a mad genius. But when it came down to making a decision, I chose my favorite cake, my own wedding cake that I designed.


I loved my wedding cake. It was simple, elegant and timeless. It's a white cake, with dots cascading down from the top to the bottom in 3 places around the cake,  like a triangle. I wanted mostly white sugar roses, with a few lavender ones as well. Lavender roses are my favorite. The more I think about this cake, it is so much a reflection of me. 

I was inspired by the near monochromatic colors of the cake as well as the stacked tiers.  I designed the page with stacked strips of paper. Although they are monochromatic in color, they are not in pattern. The patterns and embellishments lend themselves to the outdoor theme of the page.


Every morning when I take my dog for a walk, I get to see the sun rising over the trees. I always feel awakened by this process. When we moved here, and I started my morning walks, I was reminded how much I missed mountains and hills, and greenery all year round. No matter how cold or rainy, I get out there every day, take a look around and smile.

Thanks for taking a look at my creative view today. Take a read through the article. I know there are other fantastic layouts and incredible cakes!

Supplies: CS-Paper Accents, Patterned paper, die cuts-Paper House, Twine & doily-Doodlebug Designs, mist-Studio Calico, stencil-The Crafter's Workshop, washi tape-Jenni Bowlin, alphas-Authentique, Freckled Fawn, ink-Memento, Pen & adhesive-EK Success, 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS