More Than a Teacher

Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Good morning. I have a layout in the newest article on the Get it Scrapped blog. Today's subject is about scrapping a teacher who had a great impact in your life, or your family's life.  For me, this was a fairly simple choice. It was either my 4th and 5th Grade teacher Mr. Keller, or Joshua's Kindergarten teacher, Ms. Santelli. I went with Joshua's teacher.


Ms. Santelli was our teacher for 2 years.  I say our, because her main philosophy in teaching Special Education is building community between, teachers, children and parents. This changed all of our lives.  The photos only show her interacting with my son one school day. I describe Ms.Santelli, her philosophies and why we loved her so in the journaling.  Joshua is now in 7th grade. Thank you Ms. Santelli. Much of what she taught us we still use today. We have kept in touch all this time and consider her a family friend.  
 
I chose the title in black as a strong contrast and to draw the view into the page. I did use some school themed products as well as inspirational quotes and sayings to support the theme of the page and our story. The star attached to the journaling is also functioning to hold the paper down. It is two pages. 

Thanks for taking a look at my creative view today. Come back soon, there's always something going on around here. 
Supplies: Cardstock-Bazzill, Papers, stickers, chipboard-Bella Blvd, alphas-Glitz Designs, Bella Blvd, Enamel dots-My Minds Eye, Paper clip-Freckled Fawn, adhesive-EK Success, Recollections, Ink-Memento, Printer-Epson, Font-Helvetica

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS