Academic Scholars

Friday, May 15, 2015

Hello there and happy Friday! It is time for a new challenge at Picture This. Here are the new challenge elements:
2 photos + dots + layers + stars

I decided these elements worked nicely with some photos I had of some school activities my son participated in. I grabbed a very old simple polka dot background paper, layered it over a dark navy paper. I cut some paper strips, layered them up too.  stamped on some white cardstock, stitched 2 stars, then cut them out. Yup. Made my own embellishments to add to the paper corners. But no school layout should be complete without a few gold stars! See how nicely these items work together? 

Wen my son was in 4th grade, he earned a spot on his school's Battle of the Books team. They prepared all school year to compete against other elementary schools. They did not win, but they did very well. Later that year, his art class had their work feature in the district art fair. Two great events for him. I now he was more proud of the book part than the art part though. Regardless of how he felt, we were proud of him and are always happy to see him do well.

Thanks for stopping by my creative view today. I've got a lot coming up, so stop back gain soon. 

Supplies: PP-Bella Blvd, Simple Stories, PrintWorks, washi-Queen & Co, brads-Simple Stories, gold stars & word strips-Freckled Fawn, stamp-Kaiserkraft, ink-colorbox, stitch template-American Crafts, thread-DMC, pen-EK Success

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS