Game On

Sunday, March 22, 2015

Hey there! Have you heard of the Paper Issues Swag Bags? I love my Swag Bag! It has become one of my favorite ways to create a layout.

I get so excited when my bag arrives. First I dump everything out. Then I push all the little bits into a pile. Then, I sort the papers into groups that can work together on a page.

That's exactly what I did here. I have a friend who couldn't use her tickets to a UW football game. I scooped them up and off these two guys went. Their first UW game, and my son's first live football game ever.


Design inspiration from this page comes from a sketch at Boys Rule Scrapbooking


I did take a lot of creative license, but let me tell you how the design is there.  I flipped it vertically. I grabbed all the black&white and solid papers to create a large matte for my photo. 6 pieces. I added a triangular layer of vellum under the patterned papers instead of a circle, then an additional layer of vellum over them to tone down the bright colors so the photo remains the focus. One larger photo is centered over the 6 patterned papers. 

Then I went digging into my pile of little bits to embellish around the page. Banners, stickers doilies, oh my! So much to choose from! I used them all!


A couple of the new Bella Blvd DooDads found there way onto the page,  a few drops of Heidi Swapp Mist and Voila`! 



So umm, yes, Swag Bags are the Bomb.  They sell out fast! Subscriptions are the way to go to ensure you get yours each month. You really don't want to miss out on the goodness. While you are in the shop, check out all the rest of the new product and use code BEACHGAL for 20% off your order
Supplies: PP-SEI, MME, Doodlebug Designs, Enamel pieces-Bella Blvd, Freckled Fawn, Mist-Heidi Swapp, Alpha-American Crafts, all other-Swag Bag







1 comment:

  1. Super fun take on the sketch, I love the colour combos and your use of patterns. Thanks for playing along at Boys Rule!

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS