By My Side

Sunday, March 15, 2015

Good morning! It's another busy Sunday around here. First up is a new challenge at Red Carpet Studios. This week's movie choice is The Lucky One. Your challenge is to use gold and the word "lucky" somewhere on your project.


I know my first inclination should have been to be more supportive of the St. Patricks Day theme, but that's not really my style. I came across this photo of my son and I. It made me think of the day, and what we were doing. We were on a boat on our way to San Juan Island. It was a miserable, cold, rainy, summer day. It was not a good day to be out on deck. So, we sat inside at the table the whole trip.  The more I thought about it, the more I realized, yes, he pretty much was always by my side. Truthfully, I wouldn't have it any other way.


I had a bright and colorful paper collection, unopened and waiting to be cut up. I loved the circle paper. All tucked in and nestled against each other, much like my son and I. All of the sentiment stickers I chose tell my feelings about him, in general. Some are definitely a bit on the sarcastic side. There are some tags outlined in gold tucked around the page as well as gold paint splatter. Layered over the tag on the left side on the photo is a sentence made up of stickers "lucky 2 B, you & me"

This is also inspired by the STENCIL challenge at Scrap Our Stash.  I used stickers, twine, Echo Park, number, chipboard, inked edges, labels

Thanks for stopping by my creative view today. I've got another post up today for Picture This
and you can find it HERE

Supplies: PP-Echo Park, chipboard-Echo Park and unknown, alpha, flair and gold tags-Freckled Fawn, stickers-Echo Park, Simple Stories, twine-The Twinery. mist-Heidi Swapp






12 comments:

  1. Great page! I love that you went against the grain and didn't do a traditional St. Patrick's day themed page! Moments like this are so lovely -- and so is your page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome layout! Thanks for playing along with Scrap our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  3. adorable! love that side titling! great collection and always glad to see you in the pic! Kate (SOS)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very adorable layout! Thank you for playing along with us at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great! Love your title and the placement of all your little bits. Thanks for joining in with us at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice Devra! Such a sweet boy and a wonderful bond you share. Thanks for linking up at Scrap Our Stash!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this so much! Especially the tags and arrows!! Great colors and great way to use your stash! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrap Our Stash.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great layout! I have to remember the L for Labels! Never thought of that one! lol :) Thanks for playing along with Scrap Our Stash! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your take on the STENCIL challenge Devra. Love all the elements you've added. Thank you for joining us at Scrap Our Stash.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun layout! Thanks for joining the Scrap Our Stash Challenge and the Red Carpet Studio Challenge!

    ~Robin Redd
    Scrap Our Stash Design Team
    Red Carpet Studio Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love this - what a beautiful job! Thanks for joining us at Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome page! Great job on the challenge and awesome product choice! Thank you for linking up with Scrap Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS