Love Bug

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

I'm back. I keep saying I have lots to share...I guess I'm living up to that this week.  Today, Paper Issues Product Spotlight is Crate Paper's Kiss Kiss line.  I received a few pieces in a page kit I got at my LSS, so I decided to play along.

I don't usually work with pastels, let alone lovey-dovey themed papers, but I really wanted to try. I am thrilled with what I came up with. I did have an ulterior motive, I really wanted to use the ladybug! Over the past year, I have taken several great selfies with my younger son. He loves looking at the phone camera super close up. This was an opportunity to use one that showcases his incredibly silly grin as he clings to me playfully, as he often does.  I've always called him my little love bug, (as well as many other names too)


The XO paper is awesome. Especially for a photo of hugs. I used a lot of the "together" and generic heart type embellishments that came in the package. I love the darker very with the pastel pink and of course, the gold.  I needed a little contrast so I threw in a bit of mint green. 

The design is inspired by My Scraps & More sketch #99. I chose to layer and stagger embellishments and matter the photo on the larger heart, instead of using banners.  

As always, thanks for stopping to look at my creative view. There is still more to come this week, so come back again.

Supplies: PP & die cuts-Crate paper, sequin heart-Maya Road, Vellum & ladybug-Paper Issues Swag Bag, epoxy-Freckled Fawn, Stitch template-American Crafts-Washi-MME, alpha-Webster's Pages, thread-DMC, Mist-Studio Calico, Heidi Swapp, Silhouette

Want these products? Use the code BEACHGAL for 20% off your order at Paper Issues!



4 comments:

  1. Debra, love your take on the sketch! Fabulous title work! Thanks for joining us at My Scraps & More Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, Devra, dang auto correct.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful page! Love those papers! Thanks for playing along with us at My Scraps & More Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that is really cute! Love the way you changed up the sketch with the large heart behind the photo. Thanks for playing along with us at My Scraps & More.

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS