Go Swim

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

I'm back. Had a forced few days off, but I've still been keeping up on LOAD!  I'm sharing Day 18 today and will catch up with the past few days in my next post.

I'm also participating in a world wide scrap tournament. I'm on TEAM USA and we are competing against countries from Canada to Australia with Europe in between.  Somehow I made it into the second round!

Challenge 2: Create a 2 page LO. Ok, no problem. Then I kept reading...use one color. Monochromatic. Again, I've done that before. Oh wait, no white whatsoever. that mens no polka dots.  Hmmmm. Ok, and no black, ink or anything. One photo has to be black and white and one photo has to be split onto both pages.  Ok, that I don't do. Well, I'll give it a whirl.  It's all about getting out of my comfort zone.


I was trying to decide where to start. Color or photos. I wound up landing on them at the same time. If I do turquoise, I can use these photos, and these photos I could split over the two pages, and change one to black and white. Done.

Of course I didn't have any tonal patterned papers, so in order to give the page some interest,  I used a stencil with mist,  to create the background. I stamped some banners with a darker turquoise ink at the top then stamped again on a different shade of paper, cut them out and layered them on top.  After I placed the photos, I decided to use pop dots under the black & white photo.  Under the photos, I painted some swooshed to look like water splashes as well as painting the title. Lastly, there are turquoise boing scattered above and below the photos. It's different. It was fun. Now I wait to see if I make it into round 3.

I'll be back tomorrow with some LOAD pages from the past few days.

Supplies-
CS-American Crafts and Bazzill
Stamps-Hero Arts
Ink-Tsukineko
Stencil-TCW
Mist-Tattered Angels
Paint-Twinkling H20
Bling-Hobby Lobby
Twine-MME

1 comment:

  1. Great job on the scrap challenge! Love your color choice, stamping, and the fact that you highlighted the b&w photo by using pop dots. Neat painting....good luck with the tournament!

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS