Silly Siblings

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!


Thanks for stopping by today. I have a fun page to share today for the final reveal over at Boy Meets Girl. Yes, you read that correctly. This is the final month for Boy Meets Girl. I am sad to say goodbye, it's been a great blog to be a part of.  

I do have some exciting news to share. Beginning Monday Jan 6, you can find me at Let's Get Sketchy! I will be joining an incredibly talented group of women over there.  And as always, you can still find me at Child's Play Challenges and ScrapStuff'z Inspired By.

On to today's LO.  Our challenge was to do a Holiday page in non traditional colors.  


I don't do a lot of Christmas or Hanukkah pages, so this in itself was a challenge.  I used a Holiday card photo from 2010.  It was our first winter here and we stumbled upon  festival at our local outdoor mall.  I was thinking about how many tries it took to get one good photo, and that led me to the papers that I chose to work with, Family Ties by BoBunny.  The design is a sketch template from Simple Scrapper.  The photo is a little dark, so I did use a corally red, to bring the eye back to the photo. The splatter is a big 'ole mistake, but I left it alone.  I cut the title from one of the papers.  I even typed my journaling, then cut it into strips. I had more to say than I thought.

Well, this is your last chance to join the challenge at Boy Meets Girl, so I hope to see you playing along.

Supplies:
PP-Echo Park, BoBunny
Washi & Brads-MME
Mist-Studio Calico
clips-Lawn Fawn, Citrus Twist Kits
Ink-Memento





2 comments:

  1. You succeeded at not making it look traditional Christmas. I had to do a double-look at the layout when I read it was a holiday layout. Congrats on the new design team- very well deserved. You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome layout! Looking forward to working with you at LGS and so glad you joined us at My Scraps & More!

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS