All About the Beard

Monday, December 9, 2013

Hey there. I have a fun page to share today. It's a reveal for both ScrapStuff'z Inspired by and also Child's Play Challenges.  Kinda crazy, but my page is a bit of both.  

We have a really fun photo to get you going at ScrapStuff'z Inspired by .  And the inspiration for  Child's Play Challenges is Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer!


How fun is that photo? Crazy lights everywhere. And what did I do with it? I went traditional! I don't often do Christmas pages at all. So, when I see Christmas lights, I think of Christmas and all the red, green and trimmings that go along with it. 

While I was thinking about Christmas, I thought about how my parents always let my sister and I watch the Christmas TV shows.  Rudolph was my favorite.  I actually identified with Rudolph. As someone who didn't celebrate Christmas, I always felt different too!   I came across this photo, and voila, a Christmas page inspired by both challenges! 



This is the first and only time my son ever sat on Santa's lap, so it's also the only photo.  It was at a huge holiday party at his school after an exceptionally special fall event.  We weren't sure what he would do. Would he get off, yell, cry? What we didn't expect, was that the would laugh, giggle, then pull the beard all the way off Santa's face!  We had to go help rescue Santa. Then our son tried to do it again! Needless to say, he enjoyed meeting Santa and we have a great story to go along with the photo


I only used scraps for this page in traditional red and green, but I accented with black and gold. I chose to use a black matte, so the colors in the photo would stand out. Red under the photo seemed to work best with the red in  the photo as well.  I did use 2 shades of green, darker at the edges of the page, lighter under the photo, for contrast.  The banner is a direct nod to the lights strut around the truck.  I loved the black chalkboard tape. It is such a stark contrast, it keeps the eye at the photo. I also dipped the edges in gold glitter.  A few added sequin sparkles and sprinkles of gold and green mist and that was pretty much it. 

Thanks for taking a look at my creative view today. Please join us over at ScrapStuff'z Inspired by and Child's Play Challenges.  Show us how you're inspired by our photos.
Supplies:
CS-Bazzill
PP-MME, Simple Stories, Fancy Pants, GCD Studios
Twine-Doodlebug
Tape-Fancy Pants, Darice, 
Tag-MME
Wood veneer-Studio Calico
Mist-Heidi Swapp, Studio Calico
Glitter-Martha Stewart
ink-Colorbox
Sequins-Citrus Twist Kits
Alpha-Lily Bee
White pen-uniball



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS