New Heights

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Good Thursday morning to you all!  It's reveal day again!  Yes, I seem to be getting LO's done, but only DT work.  But that's ok. At least I'm scrapping!

For those that are regular readers, and friends, you all know I have a huge family event coming up.  For those that are new, I have a huge family event coming up, and therefore am short on scrappy time. I'm looking forward to getting back to multiple posts a week.  I miss sharing the things I make, and playing along at my favorite challenge sites!

Anyhoo, I have a fun LO to share today, courtesy of Sketches in Thyme   Here is sketch #113:

and here is my LO:


I'm finally learning to use a sketch as a jumping off point.  Yes, there are times when I will follow a sketch exactly. But I think I've figured out how to use sketches, and adapt them to work for me instead of the other way around.

Here I kept the basics of the sketch, but completely changed details and embellishments.  I used one of our dinner plates to trace the circle.  I sewed around it to give it some definition.  I chose my embellishment to help tell the story of the day we realized our son was taller than me. Talk about a bittersweet moment! Arrows pointing up, measurements and his (almost) age at the time of the photo. I'm really happy the way this turned out.

All the credit goes to Sketches in Thyme for this wonderful sketch.  Hope to see your LO's using sketch #113!

Supplies-
CS-Bazzill
PP and embellishments-Simple Stories
Washi-Theresa Collins



3 comments:

  1. Love your layout---love the photo too! Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your interpretation on this sketch and the use of the arrows to communicate height. Perfect

    Amanda
    www.lovejoypaper.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. So love your layout and your version of the sketch...neat stitching around the large circle! Really like the arrows showing height, month & day elements, too! I will never forget the day my YDD ask me if I felt short...great photo!

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS