You & Me

Saturday, February 16, 2013

I am so happy to say that not only am I now caught up on LOAD, I also got to participate in this week's Issue Challenge at Club CK, while using sketch #102 from Sketches in Thyme!   Woo Hoo for scrap time while I have family visiting. ok, the truth is, the scrapping is keeping me sane.

Here it is, the LO I created.  The LOAD prompt was a LO about your honey.  Perfect. That fit right into the Club CK Issue Challenge of creating a 'Valentine' page, with non-traditional product.


I used my phone to take the photo, so it isn't that great.  I love Sketches in Thyme sketch #102, and knew it was right for this photo.  After looking at the colors in the photo, I grabbed some leftover papers from my Scrapbook Generation kit.  To be honest, I didn't love them, and would not have purchased them for myself.  I guess that is part of the challenge of a kit club.  You don't always love everything that you receive, but try to use the stuff anyway. I combined them with some papers I had from the same manufacturer and am really pleased with the result.  A few small embellishments was all it needed.  Glitter is glitter, pink or not.  Being able to use some here makes me happy.

Supplies:
Papers and Twine-MME
Wood veneer-Studio Calico
Alphas-DIY Thickers
Glitter-Martha Stewart on Thickers
Stickles on the wood veneer

7 comments:

  1. Thank you for your participation in our sketch!
    Beautiful page, kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on the sketch. Thank you for joining us at Sketches in Thyme!
    Surama

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your non traditional colors using sketch #102...neat idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great clean page
    tks for playing with us at SIT
    xx
    Leila
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a nice picture Devra, lucky you for sneaking in a bit of scrapping during a family visit! Thanks for joining us at Sketches In Thyme! =) Tiffany

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS