Fun on the 4th

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Welcome to the Independence Day Blog Hop.  If you didn't get here from Robyn's blog, go back to Amanda's blog and start from the beginning.

I love the Fourth of July.  I'm a history buff, so the significance of the day itself is important.  Everything is red, white and blue! But I also like a good reason to spend the day with the family doing something fun.

I  didn't have a lot of 4th of July photos printed, but I did have this one.  It's from a few years ago, and the coldest 4th I can remember.  We wore long sleeves all day.  It was cloudy.  We weren't sure we'd be able to see the fireworks.  It's a good thing there were Sparklers and Screamers!

I used a sketch by Lain Ehmann and kept it fairly simple.  I do have to say though, that I'm really enjoying making pinwheels lately.  They were the right accent for this page.  I fussy cut the small ones on the banner from the PP and made the larger ones.    I used red buttons to pick up the the red "4th" (which I made from a sheet of Thickers numbers). 

Supplies: PP-Best Creation and MME, Twine-Doodlebug, alpha letters/numbers-Thickers, Cosmo Cricket, Melissa Frances, random buttons.

Thank you for stopping by.  Hope you enjoy a fulfilled and safe Independence Day!  Please head on over to Mandi's blog from here.

13 comments:

  1. Oh, I Love this!!! Fun pinwheels! Great page.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome use of Thickers :}} Love the misting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pinwheels are just perfect for this Fourth LO.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your LO is fantastic!!! I especially love the pinwheels. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your LO! Those pinwheels are just plain fun and really set the mood for the day! ~Bev~

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pinwheels are perfect for the page and look so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute LO!Love the pinwheel banner on your LO! I like that blue mist you added to the background too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A super red, white, and blue layout....great paper, misting, and pinwheel! Wishing you a happy 4th!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love those pinwheels - they're awesome! Using them in the banner is so fun. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so inspired by your pinwheels! I have to go and make some for my next LO. They are so cute and make a great banner!
    Thanks for sharing your fun LO and Happy July 4th! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great page. I love those pinwheels. I think I need to add some to my layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice layout Derv. I love all the pinwheels. Those must have taken some time. I would love a tutorial on how you do them.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice work on the pinwheels---love them!

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS