LOAD #20-Fashionistas?

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Ok, I had to laugh when I saw the LOAD day 20 prompt: Fashion Plate!  Growing up in the 70's and then high school and college in the 80's, there are some fashion trends that I whole heartedly participated in.  Looking back, most of them don't seem so fashionable....I went digging in my box of high school and college photos, the first ones I came across were my high school friends and I in our Vuarnet sunglasses , but then I found a bunch of pictures from college. I was struck by the HAIR, and the SHOULDER PADS first.  Then I took a closer look at the clothes themselves.  Seriously BAD fashion.  But we thought we were cool.
At the same time we were moving, my LSS was closing.  I found some very bright PP by Rusty Pickle.  It reminded me of Dr. Seuss books.  I had no idea how I would use it, but I had to have it.  I found a use for it here.  I also found a use for the pink/black tiger stripe Thickers!  I used my Fiskars wave punch.  It made me think of New Wave music. I used some of the yellow PP behind the wave. Glitter and bling were necessary here too.  A very fun LO to do. And to think I made fun of the clothes my parents used to wear....

1 comment:

  1. That PP is absolutely for a layout about the 80s. I know, 80s fashion was just terrible! And to think that some of it has come back!!!

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS