Red, White & Blue

Thursday, July 28, 2011

I love when someone gives me an idea and that idea sparks my creativity.  This LO combines 2 challenges.  The first is from Scrap Our Stash.  Use Red, White and Blue as your LO colors. The other is Club CK Issue Challenge to have a 'hidden something' on the LO.

I come from a family of HUGE baseball fans.  I have many, many baseball pictures to someday turn into scrapbook pages.  This one was from the RedSox/Cubs game at Wrigley Field in 2005.  Both teams are red, blue and white.  Perfect.  Busy patterned paper?  Hidden journaling. Done!  I have plenty of Cubs embellishments, but none of the Red Sox, so I printed the flags from the internet, cut them out and made the banner.  The journal tag is a large baseball sticker.  I left the cellophane backing on, cut around it and wrote on it instead. I used a smaller baseball sticker as the pull tab.  I added red and blue brads to help move the eyes around the page.  Overall, I'm really happy how this turned out.  Thanks for the ideas!



1 comment:

  1. Saw your LO on ScrapOurStash. I"ll be a guest designer in Aug.
    Went to try to "catch" you on the CK mb and tell you I saw it (didn't have your blog address then), but when I typed the title somehow the "derv" got left off of the beginning, so you might have never seen the post.
    Anyway, later I saw your post on another thread and found this blog addy.
    Great job on the LO. I think I have some of that red striped paper!I am so glad I found scrapourstash. I need to lose a few pounds...of scrap supplies!
    -Rhonda (rhondart)

    ReplyDelete

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS