Mother's Day in Wonderland

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

I thought I'd share some pictures from my weekend in Ca.  Saturday, my sister and I took our Mom and Grandma, who we call Nani,  out to lunch.  We wanted to do something we don't ordinarily do, so we went to a hotel in Santa Monica. Well, we ate, drank and laughed for 4 hours!  I'd say mission accomplished.


I loved the decor in the hotel.  It was very Alice in Wonderland, modern art-deco.  It was colored in black and white, with a wonderful bright green as the accent.  It was beautiful.


Sunday my sister and I prepared brunch at Nani's house.  While at lunch on Saturday, were were talking about hats.  Not sure if it was the Alice vibe, the Royal Wedding, or the Kentucky Derby. So, we decided to continue the Alice theme.  Nani has saved all of the hats she wore in the past.  She got out the hat boxes, and we put them all on.  I'm the only one in the family who should never wear a hat.  Needless to say, the laughter continued.  It was a wonderful day, and a wonderful weekend.
Nani and I
Mom was actually wearing 2 hats. The leopard on top of the blue.  I called her Johnny all day.
My sister and I.  She wears hats well.



1 comment:

 
FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS